African dwarf frogs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Elephant nose 4

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi looking for information on these guy's I've been kinda thinking of adding them to my tank but want to be a 100% sure. I've read up on them but would rather hear from people who keep them.
They'd go into my 30 gallon with my boraras, rainbow gobies, vampire shrimp, rabbit snails some dwarf shrimp and a mystery snail.
Temp 25, ph 7.4.
O ammonia, 0 nitrite and 5 nitrate. Tanks been running for nearly 3years.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hmm... Seriously fish.com doesn’t have a sheet on them. @Byron, what is your advice? o_O

There's a fact sheet/ thread on this forum somewhere, no idea where but I have seen it before. Maybe ask the moderators if they know where it is.

Frogs should be kept in their own tank without fish, shrimp or anything else. If the fish get sick, the medications used to treat the fish will usually kill the frogs. Frogs will also eat anything that fits in their mouth including fish, shrimp and snails. For their own health and the safety of other creatures, always keep frogs in their own tanks.

The fact sheet is in the Amphibians and Aquatic Reptiles forum https://www.fishforums.net/threads/african-dwarf-frogs.234165/

ADFs are almost blind and usually starve to death in a tank with other creatures. They find their food by smell, and by the time they've found it, it has all been eaten. This is another reason to keep them in a frog only tank.

Thanks for the advice.
I thought species only that's why I asked have heard off people keeping them with fish but I wasn't sure.
I'll give them a miss as I like to make sure all my pets get everything they need.
Maybe in the future I'll maybe set up a tank just for them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

As I was named in post #2, I'll just say that I agree with Colin and essjay, in not keeping frogs (of any sort) with fish.

I've heard they grow really big. Takes a long time but they grow. Then they climb out. Maybe a different kind than what you're mentioning. It is tempting to get them. They are cute little creatures.

It's African clawed frogs that grow big; African dwarf frogs stay small. Some shops can't tell the difference and sell ACFs labelled as ADFs.

omg! I hope they sold me a African dwarf frog then yesterday as that’s what I wanted! Mine is living with a few fish and I feed him by using a turkey baster

omg! I hope they sold me a African dwarf frog then yesterday as that’s what I wanted! Mine is living with a few fish and I feed him by using a turkey baster
Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

So you have an African dwarf frog? Cool! May I please see a picture? If your screen says “File to big to upload”, then set your cameras resolution to the lowest setting, the take the picture. :)

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

So you have an African dwarf frog? Cool! May I please see a picture? If your screen says “File to big to upload”, then set your cameras resolution to the lowest setting, the take the picture. :)

Hi! Thank you and yes I do as of yesterday!

Attachments

• 56AA9560-B002-46B6-970C-CCDE39CF9E24.jpeg
    56AA9560-B002-46B6-970C-CCDE39CF9E24.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 1303F7D6-7537-484E-926D-A0225420D0F1.jpeg
    1303F7D6-7537-484E-926D-A0225420D0F1.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 195

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back