African Dwarf Frogs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rhonda

Reaction score
Does anyone know how clean it is to keep these little guys? do you have to clean the tank really often? Do they smell? I had some turtles once.. and well.. unbareable.. do these have the same problem?

Nope they dont smell!!! :lol:

They are always under water....and they make as much mess as fish, not alot! nothing a vac wont sort out every couple of weeks. :D

The dwarf frogs are alot cleaner than the clawed frogs. My dwarf frogs hardly made mess at all,but my clawed frog is a messy pig. :crazy:

When he eats,he uses his little hands to pull the food in and out of his mouth and it scatters everywhere and I have to clean the tank alot. The dwarfs are so much tidier. :)

I used to have turtles, and you're right! These guys are pretty clean, though. They excrete as much waste as fish, I'd wager. I saw mine squat in midair, and he plops like a fish. :lol:

i used to have them a few years ago. their fairly easy to keep. when it comes to feeding though you need to use a tukey baster to squirt the food right infront of them because they dont have the greatest eyesite but they are fairly easy to keep and are lots of fun

Most reactions

Back