African Dwarf Frogs Coldwater?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dextersmummy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Does Anyone have experience with keeping ADF in cold water? I had a 190 tank it leaked had to rehome all my fish was devastated. I've gone smaller now and its cold water. Can u keep African dwarf frogs in cold water? Thank u x

I wouldn't of thought so, theyre cold blooded and its an un natural temperature for the so I don't think they would fayre well

Mine are fine at room temp water.  It's about72-74.

Dunno what to do. So love em! Maybe have to try to get a mini thermometer tho my tank is so small! X

Yes if you are in a country that constantly has 'tropical' type temperatures, if you are anywhere in the UK, Europe and a lot of places in US that have cold winters... then no.

Cooler temperatures rarely kill cold blooded species, it just slows down their metabolism (eg snakes go into brumation and other species go into hibernation) but they cant function like this for long.

Keep tropical fish or amphibians in cold water and they will survive as long as it takes for them to die because they cant physically digest their food properly or take any nutrients from it.

It really wont be difficult just to get a small heater for your tank if you really want them...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back