African Dwarf Frog With Injured Foot/leg

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

starlitsunrise

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was out of my house for 2 days and came home to find my frog with a really badly injured foot. I don't know what to do to help her. 

Tank size: 10 Gallon, split in half.
pH: 7.6
ammonia: 0ppm
nitrite: 0ppm
nitrate: 10ishppm
kH: Don't Know (I have hard water if that helps)
gH: Don't Know
tank temp:78F

Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): Foot is very badly injured, looks red and appears to be missing a toe. has fungas looking substance on foot and leg. One toe on other foot also looks red. She also just shed, don't know if it is related.

Volume and Frequency of water changes: 50% water change, usually every week or two weeks. 

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: bacteria supplement? Or fertilizer? (not sure if that is what is being asked)

Tank inhabitants: betta on other side or divider

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): none. 

Exposure to chemicals: bacteria supplement? Or fertilizer? (not sure if that is what is being asked)

Digital photo (include if possible):
ginger injured foot.jpg

I just wanted to update this to say that some how she managed to escape the hospital tank last night and by the time she was found she had already passed away.

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that you lost your frog. I lost several bettas (and some snails) like that. It's very upsetting. I feel for you.

attibones said:
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that you lost your frog. I lost several bettas (and some snails) like that. It's very upsetting. I feel for you.
Thanks Atticus, I appreciate it. I'm going to miss that little girl.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back