African dwarf frog temperatures

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Beastije

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So, I will have an empty 54l tank, 60x30x30cm. I mean only if the placing works out, because I initially told my boyfriend I will cancel this tank, since I am getting a bigger one in the place where this one used to be :)

I am thinking, it would be an excellent tank for a group of ADF. I am however unsure about the temperatures, some websites mension range of 20-27C, some mention jut 24C, some mention 22C,...

I would like to keep this tank without a heater. Once we turn on the heat in the house I assume the tank will be at 21C, 20C the lowest (the house is now 18 or so tanks with lid are on 19 or 20C). In summer without heater the tank will be 25-27C.

I think I could make the setup real nice, I have a very silent bubble filter and three quite large anubias plants that would fill like 3/4 of the tank, two of them in this sort of cave contraption that provides a lot of shade, the light can be lowered to real minimal setting so would be shaded. With the filter in, I could keep the water changes to like every two weeks or so. I even read a lot about the feeding and understand their needs a lot better now.

Those temperatures (19-27C) should be fine.

The following links have info on frogs and might be of interest to you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back