African Dwarf Frog Spawn

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KellyMcc90

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks in advance for your help. Around a week ago I moved one of my plants and on moving them 2 brown eggs with goey stuff around them was moving in the tank. Definitely was frog spawn, moved it to a hatchery however ittgot fungus so removed it. Done a water change today and another one appeared already with fungus. I am certain it is frog spawn. However, on researching I seem to get the idea frogs eggs are white so im confused. Also any tips ideas what to do because I defo think my frog is spawning as her belly appears to be bigger than normal.
Thanks

If you could get a pic of the eggs it would help a lot.

Hi. The first one is when I found it ok with goey like stuff around it and secomd picture is when I believe it grew fungus. Thanks

Attachments

• 20140327_164845-1.jpg
    20140327_164845-1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 20140327_172858-1-1.jpg
    20140327_172858-1-1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 214
Those eggs look kinda big for the dwarf frogs to be laying, you sure its an egg? They usually lay more than one as well.

Yeh I really investigated one and it was egg n spawn like. I cant think off anything else it could be.

Thanks
Also I only came across these when moving a plant so there could be more elsewhere. To your knowledge are frog eggs white or brown?

The ones ive found, not ADF but they were clear with a tiny brown ball in the middle, the clear jelly like substance was much larger then the brown spot, but thats a newly layed egg.

has anyone else came across any frog eggs before? Really bugging me as i dont even know if it was the frogs egg and if it was then id love to no more information on them ect

Thanks

My frogs lay some white eggs and some brown...
I have no clue which ones are fertilized but I have had one survive and become a frog and have another tadpole that has hind legs growing. They both seem to be eating the new spawn. The little frog is only 1.5 cm long and so cute. My tank is heavily planted.

Aww great congrats. I wish I could find mine before thy become full of fungus. Were urs floating, sinking or attached to side of the tank?

Thanks

mine are usually on the floating plants and some stuck to bottom plants but it is usually the ones at the top that turn into little c shaped tadpoles. 

Ok thanks I shall get some floating plants. Which eould u recommend? Thanks
Did urs look like the ones I posted before?

This is a picture of my plants and some spawn from my frogs.  Hope the picture dowloads.

Attachments

• frog plants and spawn.jpg
    frog plants and spawn.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 363
tadpole.jpgtadpole.jpgfrogs.jpg

Here are some pics of  my tadpole and some of the baby frog(has been a frog for a few weeks now. It has grown it was only 1 cm when first morphed into a frog)  The female in the pic with it floating in the plants is at least 3 years old, it was given to me.  I have 5 females and 2 males.  They spawn all the time but this is the firs time I got tadpoles that made it to froglets.  Good luck with yours:)

Attachments

• tadpole pic 2.jpg
    tadpole pic 2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 182
  • baby with old frog.jpg
    baby with old frog.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 236
  • baby and old mama.jpg
    baby and old mama.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 210

Most reactions

trending