African Dwarf Frog Out Of Water

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BENCHMARKMAN

Reaction score
Can african dwarf frogs live out of water? My dwarf frog that was in the same tank as my small betta is missing. I can't accept the fact that the betta ate the from so he must have jumped out of the tank? Is it possible for them to live outside of water? Thanks

They breathe air but they are completely aquatic, if your tank does not have a lid then the frog most certainly has escaped and you'll probably find it quite far from the tank dried up and dead.

They breathe air but they are completely aquatic, if your tank does not have a lid then the frog most certainly has escaped and you'll probably find it quite far from the tank dried up and dead.

There is a top but it broke about 3 weeks back and there is about a half inch gap. I don't know how he could have reached the gap either since there is about an two inches of space between the water line and gap. I've looked and looked and I sure can't find the little bugger.

I still haven't found the little guy. Can these frogs even jump in water? I never saw mine jump.

Have you checked your tank thoroughly? If you can't find it outside of the tank then chances are it may be dead somewhere in the tank.

Well if it's not in the tank, then that only leaves outside of the tank which is possible but I haven't heard of them getting out when the water is so far below the tank rim. It could literally be anywhere in your home if it's escaped because they can survive out of water as long as they stay moist, so I'm guessing it would take around an hour for it to totally dry out and die, but don't quote me on that amount of time as it's just a guess.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back