African dwarf frog jumped out of covered tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Platysrcool12345

Reaction score
This morning, I woke up and went to feed my frogs and there were only two in the tank. I moved the rock in the tank to make sure it wasnā€™t under there and still, one was missing. Iā€™ve looked all over and no sight of it. Iā€™m wondering how did it escape, I have a covered lid and the only hole in the lid is where the filter is and I have a towel over the filter so they donā€™t escape. So where did it escape so I make sure the other two donā€™t. Iā€™ve attached pictures of the lid with the towel on and off to help.
thanks

Attachments

• 222CBF46-143A-4257-8300-CB991835EB4A.jpeg
    222CBF46-143A-4257-8300-CB991835EB4A.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 312
  • F815B073-AF99-472C-AC5B-14CAD6CCE45D.jpeg
    F815B073-AF99-472C-AC5B-14CAD6CCE45D.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 276
years ago I had a couple of ADF's and one somehow got out of the tank. The tank was on a kitchen worktop. The frog must have fallen off the worktop then crawled across the kitchen because I found it under the plastic box we kept our recycling in. Search everywhere.

If you find it, don't put it straight back into the tank. I was advised by a frog expert on here to use a shallow tub, fill that with a bit of tank water and float it in the tank. Apparently dehydrated frogs become very weak and can't swim; they need to be able to breathe air by standing on the bottom of the tub and reaching up. They shouldn't be fed for several days until you start seeing frog poo in the tub.

Here is the thread about my frog - and the advice i was given.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back