African Dwarf Frog floating at top of tank??

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

maddi7777

Reaction score
I currently have two african dwarf frogs in a 10 gallon tank. One of them continuously floats at the top, without moving. He looks stiff and lethargic. He also only moves when I poke him. Is he dying? What should I do? Should I put him in a smaller container so he doesnā€™t have to work so hard to get to the top of the tank?? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 68
He might have dropsy, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry you didn't get a reply earlier. :(

He might have dropsy, I don't know what to tell you. Sorry you didn't get a reply earlier. :(
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to reply to me. However, he did unfortunately pass away and along with him passing away, the other frog mysteriously disappeared within the same time frame. I checked the tank, disassembled the filter, checked in every crevice of the room the frogs were kept in and there was no sign of her. Iā€™ve never been more baffled, but just thought Iā€™d share. Thanks again!!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to reply to me. However, he did unfortunately pass away and along with him passing away, the other frog mysteriously disappeared within the same time frame. I checked the tank, disassembled the filter, checked in every crevice of the room the frogs were kept in and there was no sign of her. Iā€™ve never been more baffled, but just thought Iā€™d share. Thanks again!!
Aw I'm really sorry. It's always hard to lose an animal. Could the other frog have gotten out of the top somehow? Of course, just wish I had seen the thread sooner.

Aw I'm really sorry. It's always hard to lose an animal. Could the other frog have gotten out of the top somehow? Of course, just wish I had seen the thread sooner.
There was only a tiny opening in the lid surrounding the filter in which the frog could have escaped, however I had it covered using mesh so it honestly had no possible way of escaping, hence why Iā€™m so confused. But itā€™s over now, so thereā€™s nothing else to do. Thank you so much for your kind condolences

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back