African Dwarf Frog Bumps with red spot on them.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wiseiguana

Reaction score
Hello all,

Unfortunately, my ADF may be sick. This is the first aquarium with endlers, guppy, adf, orange shrimp, and a pleco... 16 gallon.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a bump developing. Now, there are several and a few have a red dot on them. What type of a disease can this be? And how should I approach treatments? I just started quarantining her, but the others may have it as well by now.

Attached are some pictures of her.

Here are tank stats (using testing strips, just ordered the API liquid ones for more accuracy):
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10 ppm
GH: ~25 mg/L
Cl: 0
KH: ~80-100 mg/L
pH: 7.2

I was also medicating the whole tank with Metroplex and Kanaplex due to Dropsy and Ich in the guppies/pleco. Not sure if the meds had an effect on the ADF.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20210705_135457.jpg
    20210705_135457.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 20210705_135428.jpg
    20210705_135428.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 432
Hello all,

Unfortunately, my ADF may be sick. This is the first aquarium with endlers, guppy, adf, orange shrimp, and a pleco... 16 gallon.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a bump developing. Now, there are several and a few have a red dot on them. What type of a disease can this be? And how should I approach treatments? I just started quarantining her, but the others may have it as well by now.

Attached are some pictures of her.

Here are tank stats (using testing strips, just ordered the API liquid ones for more accuracy):
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10 ppm
GH: ~25 mg/L
Cl: 0
KH: ~80-100 mg/L
pH: 7.2

I was also medicating the whole tank with Metroplex and Kanaplex due to Dropsy and Ich in the guppies/pleco. Not sure if the meds had an effect on the ADF.
Thanks
fish meds are not good for frogs.
that's why keeping em together is not advised,
but let's focus on the problem right now...
i think you should remove it.
any other tanks with no meds in it?
(not good with frogs, idk who is...)

Did not know that. I read somewhere else to treat using Kanamycin...whoops.

My other fish did get better last week. So I have since stopped the meds. I did a large water change a few days ago (50-70%) to dilute the meds and get them out slowly. I've also added a new carbon media for filtering meds a few days ago and lowered the temp from 86 F back to 78 F (used this for Ich).

I only have a 1 liter "quarantine" tank unfortunately. Which I have placed the ADF in temporarily. I do daily water changes on it since it is a small jar.

Do you think she will recover by just removing meds?

TBH, it looks like a bacterial infection to me. I did stop all fish meds, but I'm wondering if she needs antibiotics? She has many bumps on her skin, a lot of them have red dots from blood in them, which makes me suspicious of infections.

hmm, i dont know much about that...
i probably know less than you about frog.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back