African Cichlid 195G, 750L Tank, Please help me Stock witch Suggestions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
I've gotten a new 200 gallon tank (heating, lighting, filtration, decor, the whole shebang); once it's cycled, I'd like to make it an African Cichlid community tank. Does anybody have any ideas for a good combination of African cichlids? "I´d love very bright and vibrant colors :) And how many of them should I have?

one very large aggressive cichlid that makes a very interesting pet is a species of tilapia, as funny as it sounds they have a lot of personality and make great pets.

Just keeping South African in North African away from each other different tanks they will fight to the death I made this mistake when I very first started raising him and breeding them I had two 55-gallon tanks at about 35 different cichlids in tanks and they crossbred I sold them to PetSmart local stores very intelligent very smart you can actually play fetch with a ping pong ball and they cichlid will bring it back to you look it up I didn't think it was possible that they will

In a tank that large I'd shoot for some of the different hap species. If you want color but not the hassle of aggression and fry then get all males. A few species I've kept and adored are:

Blue ahli
Livingstonii
Rock Kribensis

Then non hap species:
Peacocks
yellow labs
white tail aci
blue zebra
Bumble bee

The three that are underlined are mbuna, and I do not recommend keeping mbuna with haps. Believe it or not, the smaller mbuna get quite aggressive and I've had them terrorize my peacocks and livingstonii until I removed them.

I suggest you do more researching before getting your fish. There's a lot of info on the web so I'd spend a several hours just looking around at different species and their behaviors.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back