Advise please in regards of stock to the tank and plants etc

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jade06

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Was wondering if I could maybe get some suggestions in regards picking some beautiful fish for my tank please. My tank is 100L (l)76cmx(w)35cmx(H), currently I have a rainbow shark, x5 tetras & one mollie- will be getting some more mollies soon.

Was wondering what other communial species That I could have and that would make it compatible?

I’m also wanting to put new plants & or rock/hides, in so what would be your suggestions please.

Also have an external filter.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness) and pH of your water supply. This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

The reason Colin asked about GH is because you need to keep fish that originate in water with a similar hardness to yours.

Of the fish you have now, mollies must have hard water; rainbow sharks are OK in soft to hard, while a lot of tetras must have soft water, though others are OK in moderately hard water. You may find that you need to rehome some of your fish and get others more suited to your water - which ones will depend on the hardness (GH) of your water.

Which species of tetra do you have?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back