Advice On How To Get Fish Out Big Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JT-SCFC-1912

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Evening all,

Sometime tomorrow / this week, I would like to get 2 of my yellow labs & one of my firemouths (reasons store credit at LFS) problem is I am really rubbish at this! Lol.

I have a vision 450, which as you all know is a 4ft tank.

Anybody like to share how they catch fish in their big tanks, any advice?, don't particular want to be doing this all day :/

One way of making it easier is to remove most of the water beforehand, so they've only got horizontal space to escape in and not vertical as well.

lower the water at least halfway,

remove ornaments as needed,

use a large net

i caught 2 small ID sharks in a 180 gallon tank a few days ago in less than a minute, without draining any water.....but the tank does not have many ornaments

I use 2 6 inch nets and slower corner the fish I wanna wrangle.

That would prob be my back up plan, don't fancy lugging buckets of water :/ lol

Gotta feeling that would be the quickest option tho.

JT-SCFC-1912 said:
That would prob be my back up plan, don't fancy lugging buckets of water
confused.gif
lol

get a python!

sit back and let it do the work for you!

i couldnt live without mine!

When a feed my fish they pretty much all come up for the food. I have a net ready if I need to catch them, often I leave it resting by where I feed them. That way I can catch them out fairly easily.

Two nets is the way to go! As big as you can - remove some decor but not all - helps keep the other fish a little calmer. But multiple nets really help as you can block the path away.

My trouble is always tieing the knots in the bags lol I could never work in a fish shop....

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back