Advice needed

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Brushstrokes

Reaction score
Hi all been thinking of getting a fish tank for a while now been looking at the fluval Roma range canā€™t decide between Roma 200 and roma240 any recommendations I havenā€™t had a fish tank for about twenty or more years so I know a lot has changed are there any books you can buy to help you set up a new tank

There are plenty of sites on the internet to look for info on setting up a new tank. I would start with looking up the nitrogen cycle it is very important to understand how to cycle you tank. Also can you provide what type of water you have like hard or soft.

There are plenty of sites on the internet to look for info on setting up a new tank. I would start with looking up the nitrogen cycle it is very important to understand how to cycle you tank. Also can you provide what type of water you have like hard or soft.
Hi do you have any recommendations on which tank to get

Hi do you have any recommendations on which tank to get
Ive got a 200 and love it :) Great size and quality.
The dimensions work out at 220 litres volume wise so not far of the 240 anyway.

Best thing about the 240 is its 120cm in width so may give you more options with certain species. Either way tho they are great tanks so if there wasnt alot in the price id go the 240

Last edited:
Ive got a 200 and love it :) Great size and quality.
The dimensions work out at 220 litres volume wise so not far of the 240 anyway.

Best thing about the 240 is its 120cm in width so may give you more options with certain species. Either way tho they are great tanks so if there wasnt alot in the price id go the 240
Hi
Thanks for that I think Iā€™ve deceived to go for the 240 have you ever had an external filter Iā€™m worried about leaks

Hi
Thanks for that I think Iā€™ve deceived to go for the 240 have you ever had an external filter Iā€™m worried about leaks
I have yes, i run a fluval 405 canister on my 200.
Never had it leak. As long as you buy a descent filter the chances of it leaking is slim

Hi all I have a Vicenza 180 I have had in storage for a few years and now decided to get up and running again and the filter is leaking, now I have 2 x 205 filters and they both leak from the seal but thereā€™s no damage to either seal

any ideas or is it worth buying new seal

You could try greasing the seal. Silicon grease is best but you could use vaseline. They can become dry and brittle if not been in use for a while. Not that pricey to replace tho if that doesnt work.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back