Advice for new tank introductions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Darter217

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Been a while since Iā€™ve been here! Iā€™ve currently got a mature 125 litre tank (27 gallons for Americans) stocked with 5 juli corys and 19 green neon tetras. Theyā€™re all very settled and I fancy adding in some new species to the tank, anyone got any good ideas for new introductions and how much room Iā€™ve got?

Ph stands at 6.8 and running on a Fluval U3 filter

Can't go wrong with adding more to the corydoras group.
The tetras have a lot of buddies but the corydoras only got 5 of eachother.
You could do rams maybe as well!

I would say that you have reached your limit. I wouldn't add any more fish.
Yah I wanted to say that as well... 19 tetras and the 5 cories in a 27g is quite a bit.
But I would at least add a few more of the corydoras.
They could use some more company. Maybe 3-5 more?

Yah I wanted to say that as well... 19 tetras and the 5 cories in a 27g is quite a bit.
But I would at least add a few more of the corydoras.
They could use some more company. Maybe 3-5 more?
That sounds like a good idea. A group of 8 corys would look quite nice.

The Corydoras shuld have more, so add some of the panda cory. A group of 10-12 would be best in this tank as you have described it. One question though, is the substrate sand?

The pH is fine, but more importantly, what is the GH of your tap water?

There is room for a lot more fish, provided they are suitable (parameters, and behaviour as well as size). Also, what is the aquascape? Many, actually all, species have needs when it comes to the tank's aquascape. When I know the above requested data I will be able to suggest species.

Iā€™ve currently got a mature 125 litre tank (27 gallons for Americans)
125 litres is 27 Imperial gallons but 33 American gallons. It's always American gallons or litres in fish keeping, so the tank is bigger in gallons than you thought :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back