Advice for a easy nice floating plant.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Frogbit and mini water lettuce have lovely long roots. Easy to grow easy to thin out. I kind of like it wild, but you can trim roots if needed.

Attachments

• 20190923_140113.jpg
    20190923_140113.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 30
Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is one of the best floating plants. If you grow too much on the surface, you can plant them in the gravel.

Water lettuce doesn't do that well in aquariums with coverglass because it gets too humid and they rot.

A lot of small floating plants can be difficult to control.

Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides/ cornuta) is one of the best floating plants. If you grow too much on the surface, you can plant them in the gravel.

Water lettuce doesn't do that well in aquariums with coverglass because it gets too humid and they rot.

A lot of small floating plants can be difficult to control.
Do you have any good images of water sprite didn’t know they could plant in gravel? Do they need root tabs or do they still take everything in from there leaves?

Do you have any good images of water sprite didn’t know they could plant in gravel? Do they need root tabs or do they still take everything in from there leaves?
No images but there are plenty online.

They don't need root tabs, just a bit of light and water.

Under ideal conditions the plant can grow to over 2 feet in diameter and have roots that are 18+ inches long. The leaves can stick out above the water about 12 inches. However, under normal conditions it is much smaller and usually grows to about 6 inches diameter.

I understand Brazilian pennywort can also be used as a floating plant

I understand Brazilian pennywort can also be used as a floating plant
That is the same as Cardamine but different, if you know what I mean

My link is from the OP's local plant shop, they sell Cardamine as well, both potted and in vitro :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back