Adopted some new fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Indianafishkeeper

Reaction score
So the local miejer decided to shut down the fish section of their store and were giving all the stock away for free when I got there they already had the wall of tanks shut down for almost 3 hours and all the fish gasping at the top because they had depleted their oxygen so I ended up adopting 30 tiger barbs 2 synodontis catfish 3 gouramis 1 pleco about 15 Golden barbs and about 20 platys so now the tank is full of life with small fish looking beautiful...i barely made it home in time with the fish to save them and get them in some freshwater I only 4 fish total out of everyone I cant believe the miejer just left them for dead basically
20201027_200430.jpg
20201027_200513.jpg
20201027_200634.jpg
20201027_200322.jpg
20201027_190618.jpg

Do not judge all stores by one stores actions. We have a miejer here that has been open for a year and the girl that is primarily in charge of the fish is a fish keeper herself and has several tanks. She does a good job cleaning and feeding the fish. I have talked to her several times and miejer has a set of rules that she follows. Sounds like management at the store your bought from gave up or did not care. She said that when she was hired they asked if anyone had experience taking care of fish and that is how she got the job. Their tanks are always clean and I see them treating the fish for diseases and they mark tanks as being QT. One day I was there and she was teaching her boss about fish and the boss seem very interested in seeing things were done right. They are much better than petsmart and petco. That was great that you were able to save so many fish :good:

so there is literally no un-creepy way to say this, but I had a dream about this fish tank last night haha. That's what I get for looking at the forums while brushing my teeth before bed? lol I just love how the tiger barbs look with all the other fish, and the variety, and the plants, and the driftwood, and the vastness of the tank, and yeah, pretty much fangirling this tank hard core right now hahaha

I know from your previous posts that you are stocking quite a bit of variety, how have the old fish gotten along with the new additions? Do you anticipate any issues with the tiger barbs, or are there enough of them to keep their nippiness to their own kind? How are the new fish doing? How are you liking it? Do you consider this tank overstocked now, or how do you think your filtration is keeping up?

That is nuts, good thing you had space enough for them! I'd have been helpless in your shoes - can't have anything over 20 gallons in my apartment so we just got multiple tanks instead (can't wait to move next year!)

so there is literally no un-creepy way to say this, but I had a dream about this fish tank last night haha. That's what I get for looking at the forums while brushing my teeth before bed? lol I just love how the tiger barbs look with all the other fish, and the variety, and the plants, and the driftwood, and the vastness of the tank, and yeah, pretty much fangirling this tank hard core right now hahaha

I know from your previous posts that you are stocking quite a bit of variety, how have the old fish gotten along with the new additions? Do you anticipate any issues with the tiger barbs, or are there enough of them to keep their nippiness to their own kind? How are the new fish doing? How are you liking it? Do you consider this tank overstocked now, or how do you think your filtration is keeping up?
I think the filtration is keeping up right now for sure I have a marineland c530 on there now and another on the way that thing is filtering almost 600 gallons per hour so the water is nice and clear but I like to have 2 c530's on there I had another one that had issues and I've been waiting for the new one to arrive but with the second filter there its filtering almost 1200 gallons per hour on a 150 gallon tank lol so that 150 gallons is getting filtered almost 10 times per hour lol, all new fish are doing fine and dandy much happier and all the colors are back to normal and vibrant there's almost 30 tiger barbs so they tend to just nip at each other plus I keep everyone pretty full with a morning and night feeding so everyone's full and happy and generally never aggressive towards each other..as for the overstocked question no I don't think so only because they are small fish and with the all thw plants the bioload isn't extreme but I probably we not be adding any fish for a while lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back