Adopted A Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jenste

Resurrecting the Passion of Fishkeeping
Reaction score
Got a message on Facebook today...... " can you take my betta? I'll give you his bowl!" Responded back - " keep the bowl, I'll take the fish"...... from her description I think he is a blue crowntail....we will find out in a few hours when I pick him up after work. :hyper:

help me think of a name!

:good: Awww happy to hear this jenste i have a healing blue combtail who is quite the character

On another note my frogs are doing great! i suspect i have a male and a female but the one i suspect to be male is about and inch or so bigger than the suspected female i dont want to come home to find just one fat little froggy swimming about :crazy: though tbh i think the little un will catch up (hopefully) they LOVE live earth worms and anything they can shovel in there piggy mouths haha

Best wishes

Forest

So glad to hear about your frogs!!!!! I have tadpoles 26 days old - have started developing their back legs :good: :hyper:

just took some pics - - hope to get better ones once he is not so shy! his side is a bit bare for now but will decorate it once i get him his own cave

guess what she used for decorations - - bare bottom bowl with a FLOATING CANDLE in the water :crazy::blink::angry:

his tail seems to either really ragged crowntail - - or a double tail crown tail?

002-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Now pics with both my boys - -
on the left - my butterfly white/red halfmoon
on the right - my blue/purple/red (double tail?) crowntail

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

026-1.jpg

been looking over the pictures - - does the new betta look really fat? :blink:

found a rock/cave I had....added it in until I have time next week for a full rescape :) (planting more plants and getting a back ground)

031.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

lol yes, I agree the new one looks a bit fat. He has probably been overfed; put him on a diet and see how he does lol.

He looks quite nice though; and I want to steal your other one :)

Maybe he is constipated. Feed him a deshelled pea, see if that helps him. he's a beautiful crowntail, hopfully his fins will regenerate quite quickly, feed him bloodwrms for a few days, his tail will regenerate quickly. ( after his tummy goes down from the pea..lol)

He doesnt look that healthy, so good thing you took him in! Yeah he needs a diet badly, and slowly his fins will grow back and gain color. I am not sure if your filter takes water from both sides of the tank, but if your new betta had any illness now your other betta could be at risk, you should always quarantine new bettas before adding them to a tank.

I think Zipper would be a good name for him.

aside from his raggy fins and fat tummy he looks great. nice vibrant colors and looks to be really active from the photos/posturing. as mentioned, feed a bit of pea and then a good three day fast. hopefully his bloating will go down. fins will heal up just fine with better conditions he is now in.
hes a cutie! nice job in the rescue.
cheers

He's a tubby lil' guy. Very cute though, doesn't look like he has finrot, just raggedy fins. Good luck with your new Betta :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back