Adopt a Betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hurgerburger

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Recently my Betta fish died, so I've been looking around on the internet for good places to adopt betta fish (I don't want to do Pet stores that keep their bettas in non filtered/heated places). It seems like there aren't many non-mail order ways to adopt betta fish, but if you guys have any leads that would be helpful! (I live near Boston MA, but I don't expect you guys to do any research for me, just if you live near here and know a place that would be nice).

I would get one from PetCo or PetSmart because of the fact that they are mistreated. If you were to “adopt” one from there, you would be saving it from a very short life of misery.

I have adopted one from PetCo before, and it was nice and healthy, but it died due to my heater malfunctioning, and overheating.

The PetSmarts in my area are horrendous, but PetCo is actually decent. Honestly, my fish from them have done better than the ones from my local pet store. I am planning to get a betta in my next tank and will probably get one from PetCo. Otherwise, KeepFIshkeeping.com recently started selling bettas. They're the couple who does the KG Tropicals youtube videos and I like them a lot. So if PetCo doesn't have what I'm looking for I might mail order from them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back