Adfs With Female Bettas?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have 3 peaceful female bettas and I received 2 ADF in a 1.5 gallon tank. I'd like to move them to my female tank. It's 10 gallons and only has the bettas and 2 snails. Yay or nay?

If you can feed them well enough and the girls don't bother about them, I'd imagine that they'll be fine - no doubt better off than in the small 1.5 gallon.

Awesome. They were left on my porch and I saw em this morning. Guess everyone knows I'm the fish lady. So, what do I feed them? I gave them some frozen bloodworm

Awesome. They were left on my porch and I saw em this morning. Guess everyone knows I'm the fish lady. So, what do I feed them? I gave them some frozen bloodworm

That made me laugh, you're the fish lady and they gave you frogs :D
Oww, and blood worms are fine ;)

Guess they figured rhey're aquatic xD I feel bad - they were in Tupperware containers! Lucky I have another tank arriving today or Monday. For now they're in my pickle jar/snail quarintine tank. How loud do they get at night?! That could be an issue...

Naw don't worry, other than an odd filter bubble like sound I don't really hear mine. Unless it's really really quiet.
Nothing that I can't sleep through.
Then again, I've been known to sleep through dogs barking etc. :/
They're nowhere as load as your run of the mill pond frogs... I think your filter will make more noise.

I keep 2 ADF in a 10 gallon with some Neons and a Gourami. They are quiet; never had a noise issue with these frogs. Mine eat HBH Frog and tadpole bites, API Bottom feeder pellets, Wardley Shrimp pellets, and bloodworms. Anything meaty that sinks really. They have poor eyesight, so it sometimes takes them awhile to find the food and eat. Best to feed them at the same spot in the tank each day, seems to help them find the food. A good fitting lid is needed, I have heard lots of stories about escaped frogs, the LFS where I got mine warned me that hers had escaped thru an opening where the tank filter was. They like hiding spots like small caves and planted areas.
They are fun to watch, esp when they tug o war with each other for food :)

Okay, so my mom won't be able to hear it through the wall? That's my only problem. The noise won't bother me

No definitely not through a wall!!! That, would be one big ADF :)

You'll notice when they can sense the food though, cause they'll become a lot more active.
If they were hiding away, they'll definitely come out, so you can check then if they seem well etc.
And mine seem a lot more active after feeding too.

Awesome! No worries then! I just need names...
:lol: Names are important! At least the previous owners cared enough to want them to go to a good home rather than dumping them in a petco/petsmart type store or something - might have been a good idea for them to have asked you first though I guess :rolleyes:

Most definitely xD guess I got pegged as fish lady when we moved in cuz I brought in two tanks, a box labeled FISH and then a few days later, a new tank lol. If they'd ask, I'd probably have taken them still or sent them somewhere they'd be safe.

What do they enjoy decoration wise?

Any kind of hidey holes, coconut caves etc if you don't have a lot of pebbles they can go between..
Big leaves, something they can sit on, especially if it's a long way up for them to the surface.

Okay! I'll post pics as soon as my camera decides to start working

UPDATE: one of them was acting sik and looked very bad. I took him over to the guy I kno who keeps frogs and amphibians. He's going to keep them until Thursday for me so he can decide if something is wrong and find a treatment. I hope they're okay - I'm attached to the buggers already!

Also, would they prefer a tank that's tall and less floor space or lots of floor and 6 in tall??

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back