Adfs and other fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Koda jr.

Reaction score
Hi

I have 5g tank with a guppy and a molly+2 ghost shrimp in it.I am wondering if my ADF could live there too?I heard they are good at escaping.The tank is covered except for where the filter hangs on the back.Do you guys think the current from the filter would help keep him away from the top?I don't really think he could get out there but I would hate to lose him.My mom thinks he'd be pretty safe,but she said to ask the experts.Thanks in advance :)

Koda jr.

Ive got an ADF in my 12 gal with a hanging filter on the back and he has never been in the filter. How high is your filter trough from the water? If your worried about him getting in there, then as long as the trough is an inch above the water surface your frog shouldnt be able to get in. Or are you talking about were the water comes out after it has gone through the filter? If so I dont think he will be able to get in (or stay in). The only time mine goes to the surface is for air. And about the fish, your frog should be fine with those fish but I dont know anything about shrimp.

adfs will eat very small shrimp or fish fry, or a freshly molted shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back