ADF

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tempestuousfury

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post frog questions. Can anyone move this this thread to the right section?

Question: My ADF's skin seems to be peeling off! I looked at it this morning and white layers were coming off. It wasn't that conspicuous, but it sure freaked me out. Any ideas?

Cool fact (it's a fact for me, anyways): ADF's can be fed with tweezers and/or turkey basters! I found that out when I tried feeding him for the first time. I didn't want the blood worms to get lost in the gravel, so I held the baster up to the frog and he got up on his hind legs. I squirted some of the worms out and he snatched 'em up! It was incredible. I think I could probably teach him a mild form of begging and fetch if he keeps at it. :D

I think you have thr right forum, before the crash I think it had Amphibians in the title.

Good Luck

Thanks.

My ADF is still ok, and his skin isn't peeling anymore. Does anyone know what could have caused it?

It sounds like he was shedding but I've never heard of or seen frogs shedding. Then again I've only got bullfrogs around here.

it sounds like shedding to me my frogs do it all the time i've read it can sometimes be triggered by a change in the water but it usually happens naturally sometimes min eats its own skin :sick:

Really? Eats it's own skin. I would think a shark'd do that because they go insane when they smell blood, but that frog must have just been plain hungry!

Well, I'm glad it isn't serious because he started shedding again.

its just a normal thing eating their skin i've read its full of anti-biotics or something and is good for them

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back