Adf Unable To Stay Underwater

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Christiane

Reaction score
I am new to this forum but am asking for help with my 2 ADF.
About 2 weeks ago, one of them was unable to stay submerged and kept rising to the top of the tank. He could only stay submerged if he wedged himself under something. His appetite was also very poor, even turning down thawed bloodworms. The other frog was fine. I searched online and found out that he most likely had a bacterial infection so I treated it with tetracycline for the required 4 days and it cleared up. The tetracycline colored my water a dark red and the water still isn't clear or colorless today.
Yesterday, both of my frogs have the same symptoms again. They are floating up seemingly against their will. As soon as they stop trying to swim to the bottom, they float up to the surface. I decided to treat with Maracyn 2 this time, hoping that it will clear up the infection for good.
They do not appear to have discolored skin, their skin looks fine, nor are they bloated.
They live alone in a 5 gallon tank. The tank is heated to a constant 77*, is equipped with a small air bubbler and has a Slim S10 power filter. The pH is about 7.5 and I admit to having had cycling problems that I needed to control using AmmoLock. However, now the ammonia is at 0, the nitrates are close to 0 and the nitrates are about 10. I'm still using AmmoLock every other day since the ammonia level has only been at 0 for a couple of days. I'm also adding Cycle on the days that I am not adding AmmoLock. I treat my water before adding it to the tank.
Has anyone experienced this floating problem before?
Do you know what it is and what causes it?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How long have you had the tank running with the frogs in?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back