ADF staying at top of tank for days

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

max22

Reaction score
My African Dwarf Frog has been at the top of the tank for 2+ days and did not eat her last meal. I came home this morning and she was almost halfway out of the water. I tested the water yesterday with the basic test kit reading 0 ammonia 7.2-7 PH 0nitrite 5-10 nitrate. It is a 10 Gallon housed with some guppies but I moved the 2 males into another tank. There are now one pregnant female guppy and 3 juveniles about 4 months old. Other than that there is one nerite and another ADF who is acting far more normal staying around bottom moving, eating, and going up for occasional air. The frogs eat primarily blood worms and I recently learned that they actually may harm the frogs. Any idea what this could be or what course of action I should take please help!
Attached is an image of the seemingly sick frog.
P.S. It is probably worth mentioning that she is more curled up than spread out most of the time.

Attachments

• sickf rog.jpg
    sickf rog.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 436
What is the ammonia level in the water?

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. However, do not clean the filter if it is less than 6 weeks old because you can wash out the filter bacteria and cause the tank to cycle again.

-------------------------
All animals should be fed a varied diet to maximise the nutrients they get. Most frogs will eat anything including shrimp/ prawn, fish, brineshrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, etc. Just make sure you remove any uneaten food to stop it causing water quality problems.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back