Adf In Fluval Chi

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

zophie

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi,
For my birthday in July, I'm going to be treating myself to a Fluval Chi :) I was just wondering, could I keep a betta and a pair of ADF's in there? Would they be disturbed by the light and water current?
Thanks, any help appreciated :p

Zophie

Hi,
For my birthday in July, I'm going to be treating myself to a Fluval Chi :) I was just wondering, could I keep a betta and a pair of ADF's in there? Would they be disturbed by the light and water current?
Thanks, any help appreciated :p

Zophie

No idea aboud ADFs... never kept them.. but a betta should be fine. I ended up with a fluval ebi because I was worried about fish jumping out of the Chi, water evaporation, and I heard that you need to get your hands wet to turn the light on or off. I saw some newer models that come with a remote for the light, but I think that jumping tank and evaporation are still an issue. That being said, Ebis are prone to the foam flying off of the back and the lights burning out... but I just wanted to let you know about the Chi in case you hadn't read up on it.

Assuming your betta doesn't jump and the water is warm enough (I'm assuming you'll need a heater), I don't see why it would be a problem. Someone else will need to chime in about the ADFs, but my guess would be that it should be fine if you make sure that they have cover. Hopefully people can help round out my post!

Good luck either way, I look forward to photos :D They are very pretty tanks, that's for sure. When I walk by pet stores I still have a nagging feeling that I would've really liked one... maybe next time ;)

Which model would you be thinking about, the 19 or 25 litre one? Personally, I wouldn't keep both a betta and frogs in the 19 litre, and I'd be concerned that the 25 litre one is too tall at 41cm (16 inches). Frogs breathe air, and they can struggle to reach the surface if the water is more than 12, maybe 14, inches deep. And with the open top, the betta could well jump out. I've had experience of a female betta that regularly used to jump out of her tank whenever I opened the flap to feed them. I'm not sure if the frogs could get out as my tank has a lid so I've not faced that problem.

There's also the problem of feeding the frogs. My last betta didn't like frog food, so there wasn't a problem. But my current betta loves it. I've had to construct a cave with tiny frog sized holes to put the food in. You'd be amazed at the size of holes a betta can get through when he sees food on the other side.

ADFs will escape from the open top chi tank!!!! and if they do they quickly dry out... not a good tank at all for them...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back