ADF Dropsy or Eggs? Please help!

lyss202

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im new here but I made an account to get some clarity on whats going on with my ADF. Suddenly she is bloated, and I cant tell if its eggs or if she has dropsy. I do have a male in the aquarium that has been singing and trying to mate for a couple days now (with both the bloated frog and the other female I have). However, when he tries to mate, they both stay still and he lets go. They are in a 10 gallon planted aquarium and the water parameters are normal. I know dropsy is not cureable so Im really hoping its eggs :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• F7F24807-95FF-4882-BC3E-E976D5F6819E.jpeg
    F7F24807-95FF-4882-BC3E-E976D5F6819E.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 72
I got nothin I hope someone with more info comes but from the light I see some circles that may be eggs through her skin. Hope I’m right and it’s not dropsy!

I got nothin I hope someone with more info comes but from the light I see some circles that may be eggs through her skin. Hope I’m right and it’s not dropsy!
Thats what I was thinking too with those dark shapes in her stomach! But she is also round like a ballon too so who knows…

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Is the frog still eating well?
If yes, then it's unlikely to be dropsy, which causes inflammation in the abdomen and most animals stop eating if they get it.

Most reactions

trending

Back