ADF and occasional missed feeding days

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

metropolis93fan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm going to be getting 2 African Dwarf frogs soon. I have a fully cycled 10 gallon with lots of hideaways (and one last one coming), silk plants, one baby crypto in a planter, and duckweed starting to grow. I plan on getting 4 ghost shrimp and 1 betta. (Don't worry. I have a backup plan in case the betta and frogs don't get along, but I'd rather not have a third tank going). I'm getting the frogs first. (I've done a lot of research on making sure both the frogs and the fish get enough food).

My problem is that occasionally I'm away from my apartment for 1-2 days completely. It's rare now that I'm driving again. But I'm disabled and ALL of my doctors are 30 minutes away and conveniently in the same town as my parents! I do my best to get them all on the same 1-2 days so I go in on, say, Wednesday, and go back on Thursday. I did this anyway, but will especially do it now that I have the frogs. (I have a betta in my living room that I try not to skip a day for too. Had that since January). Occasionally, a treatment is extremely painful and I'll not be able to drive back on time. Or rarely, I won't be able to keep the appointments between two straight days. (Over two days I'd be able to feed before I left and the next day upon returning). I will get the biggest (ergo oldest) frogs the store has so they'll be better suited to missing days of food. But is there anything I can do or feed that will help in the situations when I CAN'T be there?

Thanks!

Skipping a few days a week is totally fine

I totally understand the medical appointments issue as well

I totally understand the medical appointments issue as well
Thank you so much! Before tonight, I always read they couldn't go without food at all. Makes me feel a lot better! It's so hard to take care of pets with disabilities... I make sure I do the water changes... sometimes I will do the suctioning, and save the water dumps for the next day, but it gets done! It's why I'm HOPING a third tank won't be necessary, though. Well, that and the only place for it whatever I put in it won't get seen very easily. But I won't keep them together if the health of either is in jeopardy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back