Adding to the tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
I feel I could add a few more fish in my 500l after the loss of a sailfin pleco and geophagus
Itā€™s currently stocked with
2x keyhole cichlids
2x electric blue acara
2x green severum soon to be one
1x geophagus which Iā€™m in two minds to keep as I know they do best in groups but this fish has already killed 3 other geophagus and seems a lot calmer on its own so not sure weather to give home to someone who has an established geo group or let it live on its own ..
Also I have 10x bronze corydora
8 x Colombian tetra Iā€™m thinking after the move of one of the severum I could maybe add something else or if not boost the groups of the tetra and corys , any thoughts ?

Iā€™d be tempted not to add more cichlids as with the breeding pairs your hierarchy will be reasonably established. Hemiodus could be a cool tetra type to add quite big fish and would be a different shape to your Columbians. Some Hoplos would be nice too big active chunks and can be quite personable too would look cool with cories too.

As an oddball suggestion glass knife fish are cool need to dig the species name out but there is one that is quite green and gets to about 8-10 inches and isnā€™t too rare.

Wills

Iā€™d be tempted not to add more cichlids as with the breeding pairs your hierarchy will be reasonably established. Hemiodus could be a cool tetra type to add quite big fish and would be a different shape to your Columbians. Some Hoplos would be nice too big active chunks and can be quite personable too would look cool with cories too.

As an oddball suggestion glass knife fish are cool need to dig the species name out but there is one that is quite green and gets to about 8-10 inches and isnā€™t too rare.

Wills
I wasnā€™t thinking of more cichlids to be fair the wrong one could just upset me lol I was thinking more like for like in the fish I lost the pleco so was thinking along the lines of a whip tail or Raphael cat fish but as much as I loved the pleco it was boring in fairness and donā€™t want to add a similarly boring fish in its place so Iā€™m liking the idea of a differnt tetra or top level schooling fish but then donā€™t know how small I can go with the Sevā€™s , my problem with the geo ,, would you if he was yours keep him solitary or rehome to someone with an established geo group

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back