Adding to my 36g community tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bluephoenix4462

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for some ideas of what to add to my 36 gallon community tank. So far I have 3 rummy nose, 6 zebra danios, 3 sparkling gourami, 2 panda garra, and 7 corydoras.

Can you look on your water suppliers website for a water quality report? This may show GH (General Hardness).

Check the website of your water authority, the GH may be posted there, as general hardness or total hardness. They may have the pH too, which will confirm your tests (and pH can change in an aquarium, it is good to know the source water pH and GH to be certain).

Leaving the parameters (|GH, pH) for the moment, if rummynose are suited, you must get more of them. This is a shoaling fish (like all tetras) and it needs more of them. An additional 7 would be minimum, for a total of 10, but 12 in total even better. This is very important with this species.

The zebra danios would be best left out, especially with the sparkling gourami, but I realize you already have them. Maybe the store would accept them back in return for some of the rummynose? Just a thought.

We do need to know the GH though.

Did it say 376ppm for General Hardness/ hardness/ TDS (total dissolved solids)?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back