Adding Pygmy Corys

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Your choice on pygmy or habrosus.

All at once pros:
fish feel much more secure having the shoal they need, less stress therefore reduced chance of succumbing to illnesses. Shoal establishes hierarchy quicker and this process only happens once which is easier on the fish.

All at once cons:
possibly slightly more chance of ammonia spike in an uncycled tank. "Possibly" as secure fish in a shoal may produce less ammonia than stressed fish without a shoal.
I would never recommend adding fish to an uncycled tank.
My tank is Cycled completely. It's been Cycled completely. I got some plants in it now, but I plan to add a few more, it'll be good and planted before I add the fish.

Add the intended entire group of a species when you can. There will be times you cannot, as with the four cories. Add the rest when you find them.

Add the intended entire group of a species when you can. There will be times you cannot, as with the four cories. Add the rest when you find them.
Well I may end up doing it this way because it seems like they are going to be hard to find all at once. But if I can I'm going to try and do it all at once. As far as which Cory, pygmy or habrosus......I'll probably just go with whatever one I can find first.

Adding another voice to add the whole group at once - or at least as many as you can get hold of, then add the rest when you can get them (I had similar problems getting a large enough group of pygmies in one go, but at least since it was spaced out, likely had some unrelated individuals for breeding).

Can't make your decision for you about which to get though! I'd have a hard time choosing as well!

200[1].gif

Let us know which you wind up getting! Both are gorgeous. Love my little pygmies to bits, and also want to try a tank with habrosus at some point.

Anybody ever hear of Habrosus Cory aka as Dwarf Cory or Salt and Pepper Cory. As anyone heard of them called "Dainte" Cory?

Anybody ever hear of Habrosus Cory aka as Dwarf Cory or Salt and Pepper Cory. As anyone heard of them called "Dainte" Cory?
Are you looking at ordering them online to be shipped to you? Or collecting in person? If shipping, best to ask them for a latin name.

Are you looking at ordering them online to be shipped to you? Or collecting in person? If shipping, best to ask them for a latin name.
How does ordering online work? I'd be afraid they wouldn't survive delivery in a package. Ive been waiting for a store to have them. I've search every store in Jacksonville FL nobody has either pygmy or habrosus Cory's. One store says they get habrosus frequently on the regular. So hopefully tomorrow or Thursday I'll have them. I had another store order 10 Pygmy. I was leaning toward pygmy but now I'm thinking habrosus will be better. I'm probably going to get whatever turns up first.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back