Adding new fish to mine tank??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

smyth19

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've just got home from the pet shop with a few new guppys, and have traveled about getting home with them, how long would i keep them in the bag in the tank before letting then free???

Cheers joe!!! :thumbs:

20 minutes - float the bag in the tank to get the temperature even. If you can manage to open the bag and roll down the top, to let a little air in, that will help too.

Incidently, is your tank cycled? If not, please read my post on "Avoiding New Tank Syndrome", which is pinned in the Beginner section.

preferably about 30 mins would be good so the adjust to differences in temp hope it helps

What you should do is open the bag fold the ends up a bit. Float in aquarium for 30 mins. Then add some aqaurium water to the fish and let this float for 30 mins. Then do step 2 once again. THen you should introduce your fish to there new home ;)

I agree with the posts above but just wanted to add one thing in case you didn't know.

It is better to use your net to move the fish from the bag to the tank than to spill the water in with the fish. This will reduce the chance of introducing bacteria, from the lfs tanks, that could cause disease. :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back