Adding Manzanita

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

attibones

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
So I've found this really great source for inexpensive Manzanita with reasonable shipping. They've got a variety of types (including branches which are painted with glitter for floral centerpiece decorations for, like, weddings). They have natural ones which aren't dyed or painted or anything like that and they have sandblasted. 

When purchasing the natural, there is an option to have the store color them or not depending on what you want. I do not believe they color the sandblasted one, but there is an area in the purchasing info where I could leave a comment (something along the lines of "no paints, dyes, or treatments, pretty please). So, I'm wondering what would be the best option and how should I treat the wood when it arrives? Should I do a bleach dip? Should I pour hot water over the piece? Are there any tests I can do to see if there are any contaminants? I'm about to send them an email to make sure that their natural and sandblasted ones really are natural with no additives or anything. 

What do you guys think?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back