Adding Live Sand To An Established Reef

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

1234-fishy-freind

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm going to add some more sand to my tank for my wrasse to burry in better and because it's very shallow in places and I'm not keen on that look. I was wondering though if you can safely add live sand to an existing set up??
Thanks
Josh

Hi guys. I'm going to add some more sand to my tank for my wrasse to burry in better and because it's very shallow in places and I'm not keen on that look. I was wondering though if you can safely add live sand to an existing set up??
Thanks
Josh

hi mate. If i were you id add normal aragonite sand. Live sands a massive rip off imo. This way it would be cheaper and your not adding any nasties. Ive had a bag of live sand that played hell with my phoaphates before. Never again

I would agree with Ben above. I would also expect the tank to cycle (mini) depending on how much you added.

Good luck :good:

Just add a bit each week (aragonite), you will be surprised how quickly it build up :good: as agree that 'live sand' in abag is just a rip-off but would also stay away from sand from someone elses tank, you never know what lurks within :sick:

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Back