Adam's 20l Pico Cube

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

adam.crouch

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey eveyone, Just finished my tank build today :) what you all think? After tomoro my 8g nano will have gone i think

Heres a link to the build http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthr...8463&page=1

And some photos of how it looks now :)

DSC03793.jpg

DSC03792.jpg

DSC03791.jpg

DSC03790.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03785.jpg

looks good. I'm pretty interested seeing as though I need to set up a tank for a mantis (tank size 20l but probably gonna be 40 or more) and it would be nice to see how you handle it.

Well alot has happened with my tank since i went to scotland.....

While away the plugs were switched some how. All the equipment was pluged into the timer so was on in the day and off in the night and the light was on 24/7 for 9 days..... Sad I came back to find nearly all my corals dead Sad

Did a quick water change and then tried to work out what had happened. Was only at 9pm when the lights didnt go out i realised.....

The next day i was off to uni so my tank came with me along with my clown fish out of my old nano (now shut down)

I found it so much easier moving this pico than my old 8G nano. Everythin fitted into a bucket that went under the footwell in my car so i could direct heat onto it to keep the temp constant Smile The tank went on the front seat and all my stuff in the boot and on the back seat Smile

Took my about 45 mins to drive up to uni where i then set it all back up.

A few corals survived the whole ordeal while i was away for the week
Hammer corals
zoas
polyps
star polyps
sun coral
mushrooms

I lost all 10 of my sps which is been given from my mate Sad i also lost my candycane which was quite cool.

My tank was then set up for around 2 weeks at uni............

One night i came in around 12am finding both my clowns and one snail had jumped out of the tank into the floor and had died Sad Sad Sad Sad

I've now got 2 new baby clowns in the tank which are really happy and gettin on amazin! They won't leave each others sides Smile

I've recently bought an auto top up unit which should arrive next week, Ive got this because i can loose up2 a litre a day... and if i'm not here to top it up the rear compartment with the pump in can become empty and cause the pump to burn out.......

I' m also thinking about gettin one of those clip on MH's .... Lookin at a 150W 20K but may have to go for a 70w bulb :S

Also want to get a few new corals to replace all the ones i lost Sad

I'll take some pictures tomoro and get them up loaded. Been a bit busy recently with freshers week and doin a 10K word essay which is in today :eek: Which ive just finished wooooop!!!!

I;ve added 2 pics with only the actinics on.....

Attachments

• DSC04447.JPG
    DSC04447.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC04449.JPG
    DSC04449.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 76
Shame about your losses mate :rip: , just glad to see it aint put you off and you back up trying to put things right! the tanks looking well. :)

Keep up the good work :good:

Most reactions

Back