ADA 60F v2.0

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

View attachment 328541

I've been keeping up with a bit of maintenance on this tank but lat night had quick a big chop back, I've got quite a lot of cladophora algae in here and it had taken over the right hand third of the tank so I've removed nearly all of the dragon stone, not sure if I'll put any back in or not... I do have a decent chunk of them around but got a couple of other things.

The tank does have a good variety of algaes in here as well... black brush, staghorn, bit of green on the glass and the cladophora that I mentioned (though is that a true algae?) I've added my old favourite Limnopilla Sessilfora as well to try and help. I had to take out 90% of the Valis I had in here as it was really failing to the algae, I might try and get some Valis Nana which seems to be more available these days.

Chopping the plants back has made me realise I think I have lost some of my Red Dwarf Rasboras, I think I can see 3 (there should be 6) but as I type this I think I can now see 4... the tank is still super dense with plants and they just live in there and swim around in pairs, so I'm not 100% all 6 are in there or not. The Rosy Loaches are too fast to count properly but confident all 12 are present and correct. Shimp seem to have taken a hit to the population since I added the Rosy Loaches, but I suppose its more mouths isnt it I am feeding more these days so hopefully it will bounce back.

Wills
Nice wills🙂 hows the other projects going?

The Monstera looks to be growing nicely here, i do like the look of terrestrial plants above tanks. Monstera and ivy grows well for me but palms and peace lillys nots so well.

Good to hear about the rosy loaches still alive and well. Have they started to put weight on now?

Nice wills🙂 hows the other projects going?

The Monstera looks to be growing nicely here, i do like the look of terrestrial plants above tanks. Monstera and ivy grows well for me but palms and peace lillys nots so well.

Good to hear about the rosy loaches still alive and well. Have they started to put weight on now?
I nearly went to get some fish for the Mbuna tank this weekend but the cycle isnt totally ready - I did a 50% water change Friday night, tested the water Saturday morning 1ppm of Nitrite and I didn't have time that day to do another water change and get to Wharf and back so topped up the ammonia and waived it on for hopefully this weekend.

The room the Nicaraguan tank is going into is all decorated and sorted now but I really want a new filter for it! It's got a 407 and a JBL one but I want an Oase 850 for the external heater and easy maintenance. A few good-priced ones on Facebook but nothing nearby.

I think the loaches are doing better so I'm holding of medicating - would love to find some more of the Rasboras but sort of knew I might not find them again... CPDs or Emerald Rasboras are biotope correct for these which I might try at some point.

Had a massive power cut today in our village - went off at about 12:30pm came back about 9:30pm. Out all day couldnt do anything with the filters and didnt get home until power back on. Fish seem ok so far but I'll test all my water in the morning - filter on the Mbuna tank will have likely stalled, at least the two populated tanks are stuffed with plants at the moment.

Most reactions

Back