Acute Bladder Snails

alaska

Reaction score
I got several acute bladder snails, so I could feed them to my fish after they have babies, but they keep laying the eggs above the water, and they are all drying out, is this supposed to happen? Did I get the snails that don't want to be parents? Are they supposed to lay them above or below the water? I had like 8 egg clusters, but they all dried up. I've had them a couple weeks, but no eggs have hatched.

Hello, no the eggs should not dry out, I keep bladder snails too but they are in a container outside, I haven't noticed eggs above the water line so much so that they dry out, you need to keep the eggs moist somehow, are there fish in the tank? maybe the snails are trying to keep them out of reach of predators, just spray them daily with water and keep them moist and the babies should hatch after a little while and take themselves back into the water, is there a lid on the tank? this will help keep some humidity in too.

no, they are in a tank by themselves, no predators.they have a lid on the tank, and I just noticed there is 1 cluster in the water.

Most reactions

trending

Back