Active .vs. Non active members?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I haven’t been very active lately and I do apologise, I just have stuff going on outside of the forum. But do check in here and there when I get a chance. My bad :sad:

Last edited:
I haven’t been very active lately and I do apologies, I just have stuff going outside of the forum. But do check in here and there when I get a chance. My bad :sad:
Theres nothing wrong with it! :)

I frequent another forum too and it’s about the same way. Same people all the time. Old members disappear. Goes through spells. A lot of people use Facebook now too.

As you can see from my joining date, I've been a member for a long time. For the first few years I didn't log on much but I visited the forum regularly to read. I was learning as much as I could. After a few years, I had gained enough knowledge to feel comfortable posting and that's when I started to become more active. And I am still learning more about fishkeeping, it never ends :)

So for the first few years I would have been regarded as an inactive member even though I visited the forum almost every day.

So it seems like a lot of people have other forums and multi task? That’s good guys! :)

I like this forum the best though. The forum I visit is not as knowledgeable and seems to have some odd information at times.

I come onto the forums several times a day but don't always post anything and certainly wouldn't feel the need to apologise for not being very active. Every forum I've ever been a member of has a majority of members who don't post unless they need help, it's just the nature of the beast and long may it continue!

I don't see how its hard to see why people aren't very active. Not every can, or wants to, spend their time typing away on a forum. Its hardly what many would consider a fun past-time. I'm quite active on another forum where things are quite different than over here. Both in terms of activity and certain bits of info. There seems to be more people active in the way that you are there. Here I tend to see Deanasue, Colin and Byron a lot. Which isn't bad as I've found them quite helpful.

I've begun to notice that I spend more time on forums than with my own fish, so I'm trying to cut back. Dedication to my life and my fish comes far before dedication to a forum.

I just know what it feels like to be lost and not know what to do with an ill fish. I use to try hit and miss things until I found the fish forums. I have learned so much and now I feel it’s my turn to help others. I worry about the fish and try to be available for others to help. I’m now retired so I have time to check the forum more. I like talking to people with the same interest in fish.

I mean, I still have full school, so it’s hard for me to be on as often as I am. (Especially on Tuesday’s, because I have drum lessons and Civil Air Patrol)

Like Deanasue, I am also retired so I can spend as much time on the forum as I like :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back