Acf Foods?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

4mb3rNich0l3

Reaction score
I know you can feed them blood worms, but I have a pellet newt/frog food and wondered if this was ok to feed as a adition to the blood worms?
I have 3(appears to be 2 males and a female) in a 10 gallon with sand. They also have some guppies as tank mates but have a spare 10 gallon in case they clash or whatnot. Also, what live plants would be okay to use with these little frogs?

If the pellet food is designed for frogs, it should be OK.

If you have african clawed frogs (as opposed to african dwarf frogs) you need to be aware that they will grow big enough to eat your guppies. They will grow to at least 3 inches, more than big enough to eat small fish.

ahh yeah there adf, which is what i meant to put lol... These are the small guys :)

Dwarf frogs are fine with guppies. I had endlers in with mine till I did a tank re-arrange. If your guppies are anything like my endlers, the only problem you'll have is greedy fish eating all the frog food. Frogs do take a while to find their food as the locate it by smell - by which time my endlers would have eaten the lot if I hadn't found a way to hide the frog food so the frogs could get it first.
You asked about plants - I have silk plants and java fern with mine. I'm so useless with plants that java fern is all I can keep alive, but if you can grow plants successfully any live plants would be OK. It's just sharp plastic plants you need to avoid as they can tear the frogs foot webbing.

Word of warning - frogs are escape artists. One of mine got out so after that I plugged the hole on the lid where the wires go through with filter wool.

Dwarf frogs are fine with guppies. I had endlers in with mine till I did a tank re-arrange. If your guppies are anything like my endlers, the only problem you'll have is greedy fish eating all the frog food. Frogs do take a while to find their food as the locate it by smell - by which time my endlers would have eaten the lot if I hadn't found a way to hide the frog food so the frogs could get it first.
You asked about plants - I have silk plants and java fern with mine. I'm so useless with plants that java fern is all I can keep alive, but if you can grow plants successfully any live plants would be OK. It's just sharp plastic plants you need to avoid as they can tear the frogs foot webbing.

Word of warning - frogs are escape artists. One of mine got out so after that I plugged the hole on the lid where the wires go through with filter wool.

Yeah ive found the guppies eat everything lol... When I feed the frogs, I put fish flakes in as well so it keeps the guppies "busy" for the time being
And thanks for the plant advice :). I dont have much of a "green thumb" either so ill need something hardy and not easy to kill off lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back