Abit of help please 🙏

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The algae is defiantly getting worse, I'm tempted to maybe do a massive water change stop dosing all the seachem products and start dosing apt complete and turn the lights down to 50% and almost start again give it a few weeks see what happens what do you think

As I cautioned previously, don't do a lot of changes quickly because each affects the balance and you will just be continually starting over. And while plants may need time to handle each, the algae does not. You mentioned a new light a couple of posts back, which hadn't been mentioned previously, and this is a major factor in the balance. I don't know anything about the light unit so I can't suggest much.

Yeah everything changed once the new light was added slowly over time it would seem, ive now gravel vexed a 25litre bucket which was black by the time I had finished I was not expecting that in the slightest not as bad as that, I haven't done that for months 😔 its pointing towards poor maintenance aswell I'm now going to do another big water change get some fresh water in again

I've also moved a few fish out aswell

Last edited:
So as of today I've left the light at 75% as it was I'm going to lower all my dosages by 10% and I've added 4 siamese algae eaters with the intension of moving 2 Into my other 29 gallon low tech tank in the future let's see what these can offer me I've done research and they are highly praised for dealing with algae

So as of today I've left the light at 75% as it was I'm going to lower all my dosages by 10% and I've added 4 siamese algae eaters with the intension of moving 2 Into my other 29 gallon low tech tank in the future let's see what these can offer me I've done research and they are highly praised for dealing with algae

It would be advisable to run ideas past the forum before doing something this significant. The SAE may or may not eat most or any of the algae, but more importantly they are a schooling/shoaling fish that needs a group, and they can get a bit feisty as they grow to their 5-6 inch length. If this were me, I would return them. This is why so many of us never recommend acquiring a fish to solve an issue, it often backfires.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back