A Walstad Tank...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Day 6 update picture:
IMG_6340.JPG

Evaporation is a problem so I'm going to have to make a lid of some sort.

For a few bucks you can probably get your local glass shop to cut a couple pieces to fit the top. Sand the edges to avoid losing fingers during feeding times, and you're good to go. More permanent than plastic wrap and cheaper than a commercially made lid.

For a few bucks you can probably get your local glass shop to cut a couple pieces to fit the top. Sand the edges to avoid losing fingers during feeding times, and you're good to go. More permanent than plastic wrap and cheaper than a commercially made lid.
That's a good idea too. I usually use acrylic but that bends and ends up looking bad.

That's a good idea too. I usually use acrylic but that bends and ends up looking bad.
You can use use those materials -acrylic,, lexan, perspex, etc but they need reinforcement. i usually use then for the removable feeding lid portion but attach another piece at 90 degress (ie vertically) that is at least 1.5 inches high. This resists sagging and also acts as the handle. I tend to use material thick enough to tap for machine screws for attachment.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back