Video A Video Of My Rubber Eels Eating!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Reaction score
Here! <----- My adult pair eating night crawlers......... Ok only the female is eating, the male is just sleeping but you get the point :lol:. Also what do you think of the music?

I want some!!!

how would those fare in brackish waters and would they be compatiable with my bambo shrimp, fiddler crab, and dwarf puffers?

Thanks for the comments

how would those fare in brackish waters and would they be compatiable with my bambo shrimp, fiddler crab, and dwarf puffers?

I don't think they would be able to survive in brackish. I don't think there are many amphibians that can live in brackish. They also would eat your shrimp and attempt to eat the crab, they like shrimp a lot :) . You can house two in a 20gal long, so they don't need a huge tank.

I got one on Saturday! He/she is great! As soon as i put him in he started eating the bloodworm in there for him!
He's in my planted tank atm with tetras and stuff (i did my research before i got him ;) ) and he's fine with them, rests with the cories from time to time.
What else do you feed yours? Ive got live tubifex and bloodworm that im offering every 3 days (that sound about right?)...
it'll be going in my axolotl hatching tank after theyve hatched, so he'll have his own tank :D

thanks for the comments
I got one on Saturday! He/she is great! As soon as i put him in he started eating the bloodworm in there for him!
He's in my planted tank atm with tetras and stuff (i did my research before i got him ;) ) and he's fine with them, rests with the cories from time to time.
What else do you feed yours? Ive got live tubifex and bloodworm that im offering every 3 days (that sound about right?)...
it'll be going in my axolotl hatching tank after theyve hatched, so he'll have his own tank :D
Mine are mainly fed large night crawlers, the kind you use for fish bait. And also some krill every now and then. They are about 18" long now and have never seemed interested in the blood worms I feed to the fish. I feed every other day and mine eat 2-3 worms each :lol: they are pigs. In that video that one eel ate all of those worms in about 5 min. I got them when they where 12" long and they have been growing about an inch a month on this feeding schedule. They also become really inactive the day after feeding. I normally hand feed them the worms too, mainly cuz its fun, but now my hand= food so yeah :lol: Good luck with your one :good: he will enjoy his own tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back