A steal!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I went to Lowe’s the other day and found a $15 spider plant. It was big and beautiful, with dozens of lil baby plants. It was a great price, so I bought it! When we checked out it rung up as $4! I figured it was a mistake, so we asked an employee to come look at it. She stared at it for a little while before going “must be on sale”. This was a GREAT deal, I’m so excited. I love it so much.

@Anonymous Fox what do you think of it?😍
792D5B03-4A8C-4C73-9E3B-914827D394E3.jpeg

16F661D2-6F85-43C5-BFFF-9BB2B71026DD.jpeg

How long will they stay growing on the big plant?
pretty much forever
you can make a "spider web" of plants by having many many pots each with some baby plants that will grow up, and still be connected

also where did you get a non-variegated spooder plant???
that is very rare over here all of ours are variegated

These plants are notorious for attracting "spider mite" Watch out for it, if it gets on this plant, it will infest all your indoor plants. Just a little warning.

I rest the baby plant in a cup of water for a couple of weeks to grow roots, before detaching them from the main plant.

pretty much forever
you can make a "spider web" of plants by having many many pots each with some baby plants that will grow up, and still be connected

also where did you get a non-variegated spooder plant???
that is very rare over here all of ours are variegated
That’s awesome…. Oh my word.

I found it at Lowe’s😂 I’ve only seen a spider plant, of any kind, once so was thrilled.

They grow well with roots in tanks. Sketchy aquarium stores used to sell them as aquatic plants - they live submerged for a few weeks. But on top of a tank, roots in, those little plantlets can take off, and do some filtering.

They grow well with roots in tanks. Sketchy aquarium stores used to sell them as aquatic plants - they live submerged for a few weeks. But on top of a tank, roots in, those little plantlets can take off, and do some filtering.
I will have to do that with some of the lil babies! I actually bought two of the giant plants cause they were so cheap, but I was so rushed to pick the second one I think I grabbed the worst one there lol

These plants are notorious for attracting "spider mite" Watch out for it, if it gets on this plant, it will infest all your indoor plants. Just a little warning.
Oh wow, thanks for the warning! Is there anyway to prevent it?
I rest the baby plant in a cup of water for a couple of weeks to grow roots, before detaching them from the main plant.
Ooooh, ok. I will try that!

Can you believe it was only $4?! I would love to see yours!
I know!
I love Home Depot because their plants are so cheap 😁 You can get a Birds of Paradise at my Local Home Depot for only $64 USD :)
Okay, I'll try! It's kinda hard for me to take/share photos because I don't have a phone lol. I got 12-15 succulents for Christmas and I'm in love <3

I know!
I love Home Depot because their plants are so cheap 😁 You can get a Birds of Paradise at my Local Home Depot for only $64 USD :)
Okay, I'll try! It's kinda hard for me to take/share photos because I don't have a phone lol. I got 12-15 succulents for Christmas and I'm in love <3
WOW! Man I love plants 😂 I got a massive snake for like $15 at my local grocery store. It's like 18 inches tall!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back