A Noob Question About Plants

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

jamieee

Reaction score
hi .
i recently got a 90 litre tank and have 8 neon tetras in it

I have the filters and heaters all going fine. i do however want to start planting and being fairly new to this i would like to know what are some good beginner plants to put in my 90 litre tank and with what substrate and why ? . 

the tank recieves very little sunlight and i have a normal flourescent bulb in the light .

thank you for your time :)

hi
im fairly new to aquascaping and fish keeping 
i recently got a 90 litre tank , the tank does not recieve much sunlight and has one normal flourescent bulb. also currently there are 8 neon tetras in the tank.
my question is what would be a good beginner plant to use and what substrate ?

ps. i know iv left out the wattage of the bulb , the temp of the water and probobly a few other variables,  am however looking for very general guidlines and from there on il do the research to expand my knowledge 

thank you for your time

Most stem plants are easy.
Anubius, Java moss, Java fern, and crypts are easy.
Amazon swords as well.
Congrats on the desire for plants.

Very fine gravel, about 2-3mm thick is the most ideal for planting substrate. You can also choose to add things like a special soil underneath the gravel to feed the plants with.

Head on over to http://www.tropica.com/en/home.aspx and have a little look around :)

thanks for the help :) its economically and ecologically more effeciant to have plants and alsp looks alot nicer :)

Most reactions

Back