A Nice Way To Wake Up :)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i have owned an absolute maniac of a betta for over a year now. he flares at everyone/everything in the tank for hours a day. everyone is suspect-the plats, the snails, the rocks, the bubbles from the sponge filter. he is so high strung it is ludicrous!
well, i woke up this morning to a nice big bubblenest! his first one ever (that ive sen anyway) in the year+ ive had him. and he's still going strong a few hours later, taking a periodic rest and then hes back at it.
im hopeful he's found a new hobby, and will take a backseat where flaring all day is involved.
just thought id share. a nice start to my day :nod:
cheers!

Awwww bless him, sounds like a great Betta!

Does he have a name? x

Awww, that's fab! Maybe he's grown up and is ready to settle down? :lol:

thanks for the replies everyone :)
im not the sort to write about everything my boys do, but this REALLY put a big smile on my grumpy-just-waking-up face! it literally was the first thing i saw when i woke up. and he kept it up until at least 12:30...a good 4 hours after i awoke (but then had to leave the house). i came home and he had finnished, however the bubbles from the sponge filter had broken most of it up. just a bit left under the leaves of a plant at the surface.
he really is a nutty boy. a real busy body. vso i really he gets this as his new "hobby". flaring can only be fun for so long. and he flares all DAY! :hyper: at everyone and everthing!

i dont name my fish, but they are all very special to me. my turtle doesnt even have a name..i call her turtle :unsure: if i were to "call" him something, id call him Rocky i guess. He's such a tough guy with TINY little ventrals (that kind of look like boxing gloves). they just grew in short, curly and wide. hes very cute.
i got him when he was soo small. there was no way he could have eaten the pellets the store was feeding him, he was so small :( so i snapped him up really quick, with NO intention of bringing home a fish that day, let alone a betta (thank god for extra tanks). he ate bloodworms for a long time until he learned to eat flakes. now he wont touch pellets and ive tried very hard with him and offer them only very occasionally, but he doesnt even show interest. he is approx 14 months old.

lets hope this is his new "activity". seems more constructive than flaring all day.

cheers!!

Aw what a fantastic surprise for you (early christmas present? ;)). I do love how bettas are all such individuals :lol:

i think it was a fleeting urge...back to flaring away :) perhaps ill get another one next year :look:
cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back