A New Boy...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Haha, so it's only been a week since I got my girly, Lily, and I just bought another male.... So now 3 bettas (Plus juvie fry from a previous batch that will be sold soon).
But how could I have resisted a betta with a strange tail type, and a very cute face? It's like a delta tail, except cut off.... :/

Here are some pics of when I first got him:

After settled (with flash):

Without flash:

Sorry about the less than stellar pictures... The lighting was bad, the betta was feisty, and the algae and dried water spots were covering the glass. :/ :lol:

Btw, I'm probably going to name him "Oliver". :D

Thanks for reading!:)
-f_f!

Sorry, lol I accidentally uploaded them as an avatar. :) I'm working on uploading the rest now.

thats better :good:

he looks lovely, really need to get myself some space for some more boys :lol: how much did he cost you?

lol Thanks. :) I barely have the room myself. :/ But it didn't help that my Mom asked me, when I said he was beautiful, "So do you want him?" OF COURSE! :drool: :lol:

He was 5.00$ CDN. :) So really, about average here. I asked the lady there if he was any more expensive than the VTs, and she said no.

Do you have any idea what tail type he could have?
He almost looks like a RT or delta tail, only his tail is really short.... :/

Thanks. :) It just, he doesn't seem like a PK (even a cross) because his dorsal fin is long and skinny, rather than round and short. Hm, well I'm not that good with betta breeds anyhow. lol

Thanks a lot. :D
I'll try to get a half decent picture. The ones on right now are terrible. :crazy:

I got a couple that are a little bit better, but I accidentally deleted my best one! :grr:
Well, here they are:

And here's a picture of my cutie little rescued Veiltail, Scooter, for comparison in fins: :)

Hope this helps with identifying a little. :/
I'm sorry about the terrible pictures. My skills have apparently gone down the drain over night... (If I had skills in the first place :lol:)

Oh yeah, and they are the same size, so it is just a difference in fins (and colour of course...).

Actually, tbh, after getting some more opinions, and comparing him to Scooter, he seems to have severely ripped and torn fins. If you look closely, you can see the new clear fin growth. I wonder how they got damaged, for bettas that were in containers beside him had the same fins...? Anyhow, he's in good hands now, and I can't wait to see his new fin growth if it is true that they are severely damaged. I just hope fin rot doesn't take over.... :/ Any ways to prevent that besides keeping him in a clean tank and treating with Melafix for the first few days? Also, looking at his tail, it appears that he is a delta tail, or even maybe a super delta. Can't wait to find out. :)

he is very handsome. i suspect he is a delta and not a SD. his fins will heal up fine and grow back. id skip the melafix and just keep nice clean water and feed high protein foods like bloodworms or daphnia. those fins will grow back in no time!
keep us posted.
cheers

Yeah it looks like his fins were injured and they will start to grow back again, judging from his fins now i'd go with Delta also. I'd also expect his color to get more vibrant or even change a bit. Frozen Brine Shrimp seems to help enhance color but give only as a treat.

Thanks guys. :) Yeah, I was reading how to tell if they're a DT, and he matches the description perfectly. Definitely a DT. Love him. :) :wub: And he's a friendly boy, too. :) All of my bettas are very friendly and docile.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back