A near ultimate nano reef.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I will never go back to marine as I have more than enough to take of in my 240 rainbow fish aquarium. But this tank has my holy grail pulsing Xenias thriving in a small tank. If I tried again? It would be like this and exotic marine algaes together..maybe 50 gallons. For sure very small marine fish species and few of them at that.

See,this is my idea of what a reef or planted tank should do..have movement. Those pulsing Xenias tell you they are ALIVE. Iwagumi plant tanks? Might as well be a painting on a wall..no change sameness month after month.
I like to see my plants wave in a current and watch the fish play "roaring stream" by getting in the fastest flow- especially after a water change and they are feeling it.
Now,not all my plants are pushed around...but if you saw it you would say it's different.

Wowwwwww. I mean I love me some planted tanks (and am probably too poor and not competent enough to run a proper marine tank), but you are right, the "everything is alive, moving, and of different colors and textures" really is an amazing effect that one just can't get in a planted tank.

This kind of marine tank really need no fish in it to be interesting..shrimp,and things not predatory and - wham,you have high tech plant tank higher than anything that can be done in freshwater. Love those pulsing Xenias..

See,this is my idea of what a reef or planted tank should do..have movement. Those pulsing Xenias tell you they are ALIVE. Iwagumi plant tanks? Might as well be a painting on a wall..no change sameness month after month.
I like to see my plants wave in a current and watch the fish play "roaring stream" by getting in the fastest flow- especially after a water change and they are feeling it.
Now,not all my plants are pushed around...but if you saw it you would say it's different.
And this is why I like my saltwater tank better than my freshwater tanks… ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back