A little off topic,but..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mostanks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i have a problem,i have a 9" marble goby that i keep w/my gt carpenti and a few other bottom dwelling fish so there is not alot of activity so i added some silver dollars,they were about the size of a half dollar (maybe a lil smaller)and my goby has been picking them off 1 by 1,i started out w/6 he ate 3 then i bought 3 more,then he tried to eat all of'em :cry: i know he tried to coz they all have his teeth marks,it looks like he actually had them 1/2 way down :0 .so my question to you guy's is should i get rid of him?oh before you make your decision,he also ate 35 yes 35 tiger barbs,lg ones(but thats a long story :look: )
i've had the goby for 4yrs now and have gotten pretty attched,but he limits me to only adult fish and i like raising them to adults.
i know this is the cichlid forum but i rather have the cichlid experts advice

:( Hi mos, most gobies, especially the larger ones are carnivorous.Any smallish fish he/she can get its teeth into will be eaten! A specialized "community" tank is your best option with larger cichlids or similar if you want to keep him/her.  ;)  Mac.

I aggree with Mac. Theres no point getting rid of him when you can get suitable tank mate for him. If you want dollars and the like go get another tank and set it up with your small community tank. A great excusse if ever I saw one ;)

well after watching him gulp down another one i moved them into another tank and decided not to get rid of him,i guess i'll have to get bigger silver dollars if i want them.
adding another tank is not an option coz i live on the 4th fl and i at one time had 3 tanks in one room(2 55g and a 90)which was not a good idea(long scary story :cry: )so i had to get rid of 1 and put the other in the bedroom.
thanx for the input guy's,i needed a few opinions to help me make up my mind.
quick question-what a good heavy food that i can use to feed my goby?i hate buying feeders and,so i need something that will fill him up but not pollute the water.

they say my goby can eat it's weight in food everyday.

http://www.fishbase.org/images/Oxmar_u2.jpg

Most reactions

Back