A list of Commonly seen Hybrids in your LFS

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Vip

Smily this!
Reaction score
Common Blood Parrot.
As for these fish being Hybrids the real truth about how these fish are made is still not known. Alot of people still like to belive that they a cross breed between a Red Devil and a Green Severum but yet this is a myth and there is nothing to support it, you can see for your self there is no sign of severum is this fish.
58363.jpg

King Kong Parrots
You can really see the Midas Cichlid in this strain.
58366.jpg

Jelly Bean Parrot.
This parrot is mixed with 50% convict blood witch gives it the convict patten.
58367.jpg

Red Texas.
This is what you get when you cross a Red Devil with a Texas Cichlid, it is one stunning looking fish though isnt it.
58368.jpg

58370.jpg

Texas Jaguar Mix, or though not to common in our shops you can get them if you just look a little bit harder.
58372.jpg

58374.jpg

Flowerhorn.
Heaps of Colors and differnt types of these fish are avalible, Still know one knows how these fish where made as well but one thing is for sure they do have Trimac in them, watch out when buying these fish are they have a very bad temper and they should be housed with other fish that can handle there agression.
58376.jpg

Red Devil/Midas.
I say it started from LFS breeders breeding these 2 fish togeather to get a larger looking red devil, but one thing they didnt expect was for it not to look like a red devil or a midas anymore. A pure Red Devil does not exceed 11" these monsters hit close to 15".
If you have brought a Red Devil or a Midas in a LFS you can bet its a crossbreed and not a pure fish, never before have most of us cichlid lovers seen a pure red devil or midas in a LFS
58378.jpg

Another Type of CrossBreed of them.
58380.jpg

As you can see they dont look like the pure strains all to much do they.

TrimacHorn
These fish are sold as Flowerhorns to rip off the unexpected buyer, they are more or less of a flowerhorn batch gone wrong.
58382.jpg

hmmm... none of the pics are available :huh: just the last one, anyone care to update this? :whistle: :rolleyes:

That parrot is a heart shaped parrot.. some say they cut the tail off, some say its genetic, either way it's just a variation of the parrot cichlid.

Taillessness in bloodparrots originally started as a dominant random genetic mutation which was selectively bred for in following generations. Any cichlid (and probably other related fish) can have this condition, but to my knowledge sweetheart BPs are the only ones that are purposefully bred this way. Due to their popularity, though, some breeders began cropping the tails of their fry to recreate the look.

I've got some weird hybrid convict X something that has no tail, but I think it might have just been eaten off. It wont grow back so either it got eaten off and healed, or it was cut... I had 2 originally, but 1 died last week.

I've got some weird hybrid convict X something that has no tail, but I think it might have just been eaten off. It wont grow back so either it got eaten off and healed, or it was cut... I had 2 originally, but 1 died last week.
Let's see it! :D

I'm moving it to its new tank tonight, so I will get some pics... it's really small.. only about 1.5'' ..... the bigger cooler looking one died.. my fault - I hate when fish die and it's my fault :angry:

Heres 2 old pics of the bigger one that died
a13.jpg

f13.jpg

Woah, neat little fish! Are you sure it's a hybrid? Can't tell from the pic, but if the tail looks like it was bitten off it's possible it might just be a marbled con with a cropped tail? I dunno, can't really see the body shape too well inn the pics :dunno:

I'm pretty sure its a rainbow X convict...

Heres a good picture of the one that's still alive.. I always said I think it's had its tail bitten off.. here he is.. he's not mean at all.. so I know he cannot be all convict.. he's got an interesting coloring to him so I believe he is rainbowXconvict

err.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back