A list of Commonly seen Hybrids in your LFS

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Jelly Bean parrots are a tortured and dyed fish. They aren't natural and you cant breed them.

I may well get shot down here but that is extreamly irresponsible thing to do in my opinion.

By all mean raise the best 5 or 6 out of the bunch but dont go selling them to fish shops
angry.gif

So suddenly because they aren't natural fish, they have no right to live, so he can keep 6 for some reason, but must kill the others. Do you know how unfair that sounds? They have a right to exist and live. This gentleman did not force them to mate, nor can he possibly force them to mate. Fish mate with fish they choose to mate with.

Few issues with the list.

Blood Parrot = Midas x Red Head Vieja
King Kong Parrot = Parrot x Midas
Super Red Texas = Carpintis x King Kong Parrot bred through three generations.

ie: for the Super Red..

You need a Male Green Texas (Carpintis) usually of the Escondido variety as they have bigger Pearls, cross them with a King Kong Parrot, cross the fry back with the Carpintis, then cross the Carpnitis x KKP x Carpintis fry back with the parent KKP. (only around 25% of the fry will be SRT)

It can be doen with blood Parrots but you get less red.

Does not work with standard Midas x Texas...you just get a orange Midas looking fish with some Pearls.

Also most 'Red Devils' you see are just Midas...and not Red Devil hybrids, Red Devils are rare in the hobby.

Well i had a 56 gallon tank before it broke and im out of money and i now have a 5 gallon but i had a who bunch of different species and i started seeing little bubbles floating around??? as these bubble grew and grew they were little fish?~?~?~? it looked similar to a plec mixed with a guppy????? Thats not possible but they were a little ugly and i never found out what they were. They died after a few months :( but im still researching what they were...

Is someone blaming you? Some see it as unethical to breed hybrids. But as you say, it happens in nature. I suppose deliberately creating a fish that can't survive or struggles to live, would be unkind. There are those that believe it is wrong for people of different races and nationalities to mix. Touchy subject I suppose.

There really is no blame for the consumer of the Blood Parrot Cichlid, from from personal experience with this hybrid.... well, it is ill tempered with mellow fish, it's eyes are a mess, and because it's jaws and teeth are set back a ways from it's deformed mouth.... well, it picks fights but it cannot defend itself. With my former Bloody, I had to quarantine him so much from torn off scares, tears to his basically useless outer mouth (since he cannot use it to bite and cannot move his lips), and just the thought of a beautiful soul, stressed and helpless, and unable to be helped.... well, broke my heart. After he had so many wounds that he got a bacterial infection, and still was picking brawls.... I saw fit to humanely euthanize. I see it this way. If I would not want my son, me, friends/family, other pets that are mammals go through this, then this golden beauty is no different. No doubt, I am still heartbroken that he is gone, and I miss that lil' clown face lmao but I felt it was the right thing to do. If it were me, I would hope someone would care or love me enough to do that for me. Everyone of course will have their own opinions and I love to hear all sides and experiences. I am very open-minded, and truthfully unbiased when it comes to something that I have an opinion on. I still miss Captain Spauldimg (lmao) but I am sure whatever dimension he is in now, he doesn't have to fight anymore. But really, gorgeous creature. If I had a wish for that hybrid, it would be that they did not have genetic mutations... I'll keep wishing.
Thanks for listening! =D

Lu

Is someone blaming you? Some see it as unethical to breed hybrids. But as you say, it happens in nature. I suppose deliberately creating a fish that can't survive or struggles to live, would be unkind. There are those that believe it is wrong for people of different races and nationalities to mix. Touchy subject I suppose.

There really is no blame for the consumer of the Blood Parrot Cichlid, from from personal experience with this hybrid.... well, it is ill tempered with mellow fish, it's eyes are a mess, and because it's jaws and teeth are set back a ways from it's deformed mouth.... well, it picks fights but it cannot defend itself. With my former Bloody, I had to quarantine him so much from torn off scares, tears to his basically useless outer mouth (since he cannot use it to bite and cannot move his lips), and just the thought of a beautiful soul, stressed and helpless, and unable to be helped.... well, broke my heart. After he had so many wounds that he got a bacterial infection, and still was picking brawls.... I saw fit to humanely euthanize. I see it this way. If I would not want my son, me, friends/family, other pets that are mammals go through this, then this golden beauty is no different. No doubt, I am still heartbroken that he is gone, and I miss that lil' clown face lmao but I felt it was the right thing to do. If it were me, I would hope someone would care or love me enough to do that for me. Everyone of course will have their own opinions and I love to hear all sides and experiences. I am very open-minded, and truthfully unbiased when it comes to something that I have an opinion on. I still miss Captain Spauldimg (lmao) but I am sure whatever dimension he is in now, he doesn't have to fight anymore. But really, gorgeous creature. If I had a wish for that hybrid, it would be that they did not have genetic mutations... I'll keep wishing.
Thanks for listening! =D

Lu

That's really horrible. You "humanely" euthanized the fish you loved because it always fought and always got beat up? Bacterial infection is curable, fighting is preventable. Why would you kill your pet because of it. Why couldn't you put him in his own tank and treat his bacterial infection and let him live out his life. I have a BP that's going on 12 years old that lives in his own 55 gallon tank, he's smart, funny, aggressive and he recognizes the different people that stands in front of the tank. BPs are smart and personable and to kill such a creature.. I don't know what to say.
Hey if you broke your jaws or lost a limb or were somehow otherwise disabled, would you like someone to decide the kind thing to do is to kill you? Shall we humanely euthanize all the disabled people in the world? His disablility and what you perceived as a tortured life is your opinion and yours only, not his. As far as he's concerned, he was the king of the tank and lived how he wanted to live as a fish.. Do you think, as he was dying he was thanking you for ending his tortured life? I think not. He's in some dimension that he doesn't have to fight anymore? What makes you think he didn't want to fight? Cichlids defend territories, that is their nature. It was likely your fault that he fought so much, if given enough space he would have just staked out his own plot and left others alone. You've imposed your own human inclinations onto a creature that isn't human and ended his "torturous" life against his will. You've done an injustice to an innocent creature that didn't deserve it.
Yes it's only a fish and I guess it's not that big of a deal. But it is to me, he had a life and in your ignorance, took that life away from him.
It sickens me.

Someone update this post please... I am especially interested in Flowerhorn vs whatever #71###in horn hybrid fake even though flowerhorns are hybrids wo wat the fux does it matter........ i got some female jacobrebergi's mixed with either male maulana's or dragon bloods or what ever the fux you wana call em. HAHA BEETCHEZ

Thanks for listening! =D

Lu

That's really horrible. You "humanely" euthanized the fish you loved because it always fought and always got beat up? Bacterial infection is curable, fighting is preventable. Why would you kill your pet because of it. Why couldn't you put him in his own tank and treat his bacterial infection and let him live out his life. I have a BP that's going on 12 years old that lives in his own 55 gallon tank, he's smart, funny, aggressive and he recognizes the different people that stands in front of the tank. BPs are smart and personable and to kill such a creature.. I don't know what to say.
Hey if you broke your jaws or lost a limb or were somehow otherwise disabled, would you like someone to decide the kind thing to do is to kill you? Shall we humanely euthanize all the disabled people in the world? His disablility and what you perceived as a tortured life is your opinion and yours only, not his. As far as he's concerned, he was the king of the tank and lived how he wanted to live as a fish.. Do you think, as he was dying he was thanking you for ending his tortured life? I think not. He's in some dimension that he doesn't have to fight anymore? What makes you think he didn't want to fight? Cichlids defend territories, that is their nature. It was likely your fault that he fought so much, if given enough space he would have just staked out his own plot and left others alone. You've imposed your own human inclinations onto a creature that isn't human and ended his "torturous" life against his will. You've done an injustice to an innocent creature that didn't deserve it.
Yes it's only a fish and I guess it's not that big of a deal. But it is to me, he had a life and in your ignorance, took that life away from him.
It sickens me.

and also this quote is the sheet i give mad props to this guy/femaleguy

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but was wondering if anyone could clear up what our fish Jim actually is. We were told he is a convict cichlid x parrot but they themselves said they were not sure. Jim is about 3.5 inches long, he is feisty but well able to defend himself and king of our 400L tank and he has 3 hench syno's he bosses around....

SAM_0914.jpg

SAM_0917.jpg

SAM_0915.jpg

Just to get the right colour I am rubbish at fish photos...
SAM_0903.jpg

Thanks for any replies

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this but was wondering if anyone could clear up what our fish Jim actually is. We were told he is a convict cichlid x parrot but they themselves said they were not sure. Jim is about 3.5 inches long, he is feisty but well able to defend himself and king of our 400L tank and he has 3 hench syno's he bosses around....

SAM_0914.jpg

SAM_0917.jpg

SAM_0915.jpg

Just to get the right colour I am rubbish at fish photos...
SAM_0903.jpg

Thanks for any replies
I don't know what that is, but he sure is pretty :)

Thanks for listening! =D

Lu

It sickens me.

Sorry, this is really late, but I have an extremely strong opinion on this.
If you had been cruelly created to look nice, but could not swim properly, your natural instincts meant you had to live alone, and you couldn't eat well, would you want to continue living? If I were in this sort of situation, I would say no.
Having said that, I believe buying the fish means it is your responsibility. You must do everything you can to keep it alive. I don't think that fish should've been bought in the first place, do the research, realize it is inhumane, and don't get it just to have to euthanize it.

This pinned topic needs a serious revamp, the info on the first page is very dated and none of the pictures work.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back