FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I came across this during my run out in the desert today. I'm always grateful when my fellow predators add a little bit of spice to my workouts...
20210410_121547.jpg

That’s a pretty big paw print! A few days ago, when I went uniting with a friend of mine, he said he once saw a bobcat climb a tree, grab a Turkey, and jump down with the Turkey in its claws! I would have payed to see that.

Bobcats are incredible strong for their size. They look cute, but I certainly wouldn’t want to tangle with one.

That’s a pretty big paw print! A few days ago, when I went uniting with a friend of mine, he said he once saw a bobcat climb a tree, grab a Turkey, and jump down with the Turkey in its claws! I would have payed to see that.

Bobcats are incredible strong for their size. They look cute, but I certainly wouldn’t want to tangle with one.
This is a mountain lion. Bobcat tracks are nowhere near that big.

I have had friends have mountain lions attack their horses:blink:

We allowed a hunter to place game cameras in our woods by the stream that feeds out of our pond, and they said the cameras have picked up coyotes and bobcats coming down to the stream to drink. There are almost 200 acres of empty field beside our property, the owners of the property live out of state and don’t maintain the property so the coyotes have literally had that property all to themselves for over a decade with an unlimited source of water, no threat to their den as there are not any bigger predators in our area and nobody has access to the property, meaning they also have very minimal competition for food. The hunter said the coyotes coming out of that property are big, easily 50 pounds. The problem is, they frequently snatch small dogs and cats from our neighborhoodo_O

Yeah, coyotes aren't a threat to people, but dogs and cats are on the menu. Around here, the coyotes get hunted rather heavily so they keep a fairly low profile.

Yeah, coyotes aren't a threat to people, but dogs and cats are on the menu. Around here, the coyotes get hunted rather heavily so they keep a fairly low profile.
The man we allowed to put a game camera on our property is hoping to hunt enough of them to drastically reduce the population, as they genuinely have become a problem. They howl and shriek all night, steal small pets, and mess with our outdoor dogs. My sister was outside once and she saw a coyote chasing a deer through our large field, she said it stopped and made eye contact for a solid 10 seconds before turning around and trotting back into the woods. They are lovely, but such a nuisance.

Yeah. I love hearing them sing at night, though.
It is crazy to hear them, and all the different noises they can make. It is slightly terrifying. If the rest of my family is awake I like to listen to them, but if I am the last to fall asleep it freaks me out!

The man we allowed to put a game camera on our property is hoping to hunt enough of them to drastically reduce the population, as they genuinely have become a problem. They howl and shriek all night, steal small pets, and mess with our outdoor dogs. My sister was outside once and she saw a coyote chasing a deer through our large field, she said it stopped and made eye contact for a solid 10 seconds before turning around and trotting back into the woods. They are lovely, but such a nuisance.
Here in KY, it’s legal to shoot them all year round, because they have become a nuisance. Almost shot one on last years deer hunt, but it scattered after I clicked off the safety on my rifle. :sly:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back